Companies House has issued a press release to remind all companies to sign up for email reminders for annual accounts and confirmation statement. Companies House has now stopped sending reminders by post and has sent a final reminder letter to all companies currently receiving paper reminders. The letter explains why Companies House has stopped the paper service. For example, that research has shown email reminders are more successful than paper reminders and users are more likely to file on time.
The change will also save Companies House around £1.2 million each year. This money will, according to Companies House, be reinvested into their products and services, to improve efficiency and improve the customer experience.
Companies House email reminder service sends an email when your company’s accounts and confirmation statements are due.
The service is free, and you can:
- choose up to 4 people to receive a reminder (including an agent)
- file your document immediately from a link within the reminder
- receive reminders more conveniently
- avoid late filing penalties by filing your accounts on time
- use less paper, contributing to saving the environment
You must have registered to use Companies House online filing service before you can register for email reminders.